Sunday 1 January 2012

Snip snip! Happy New Year!

click to enlarge
   
    The calendar system the world uses in the present day began with the circumcision of baby Jesus eight days later. Did they regard circumcision so highly or was it an attempt to get they peasants back to work?
    "Alright you lazy bums, the year is over so get back to work! You had your eight days off!"
    My wife looked at the painting and asked, "why is Mary wearing a watch?"
    I answered, "Look, I just don't have the time the renaissance painters had for each painting. It took them months of dedicated work to paint those wondrous paintings and I have one or two days tops, (and that's with sleep deprivation). How am I supposed to know that Mary never had a wristwatch? Maybe she was ahead of her time?"


No comments:

Post a Comment